Sunday, October 15, 2006

Random Thoughts from the Weekend

Grieving mother turned outspoken anti-war and anti-Bush advocate, Cindy Sheehan, announced this week that she is a finalist for the Nobel Peace Prize. I had to chuckle because the day before I watched a video clip where she was talking about an episode of The Twilight Zone in which someone went back in time and killed Adolf Hitler as a baby. This episode had her thinking about what it would be like to go back and kill George Bush when he was a baby. Although only 1 in 191 finalists, would you really be suprised if she won? After all, Yasser Arafat got one back in 1994 and last year's winner was Mohamed ElBaradei and the International Atomic Energy Agency for, get this, "...their efforts to prevent nuclear energy from being used for military purposes". Don't hold your breath this year Mohamed!

As I was driving yesterday I noticed a funny looking car pull out behind me. It was a Delorean!! No lie, my wife is my witness. Anyways, I got to thinking about why you don't see more Deloreans out there on the road. Maybe everytime they hit 88 mph they inexplicably disappear? Somebody make sure Cindy Sheehan doesn't get her hands on the car keys!

As a member of the military, I am bound to a strict code of ethics. In fact, I know of a guy who used to do the same job as me but was recently stripped of his rank, stripped of his wings (which means he can no longer fly), docked half a month's pay for two months, restricted to base for 30 days, and must now change jobs. What did he do? He slept with a married woman. The military doesn't want those types of people leading others. The leaders in the military are REQUIRED to set the example. How nice would it be to demand the same moral leadership from our country's leaders?

For those of you who do not know, I am a quote junkie!! I collect quotes from everything and everyone. I thought I'd close this entry with a quote that is indicative of the political thinking in Washington that is destroying the foundations of our way of life:

"Sometimes in order to make progress and move ahead, you have to stand up and do the wrong thing" - Representative Gary Ackerman (D, N.Y.)

How noble of you Gary...


1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cindy Sheehan is SO used up. From liberals to dictators, she really gets around, especially with our enemies. That freak doesn't even have half a brain!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home